You are browsing the News category.

To start your own thread/discussion in this category, click on "New Post" button above.
user profile image
BerthaLutome made a post
7 months ago

Property of unknown value has been lost after fire razed a first years' student hostel at the University of Nairobi's Upper Kabete Campus.

No casualties were reported during todays incident which happened barely a month after lecturers called off their two months strike.

The University of Nairobi Students Association Secretary General told Ventsiri on phone that the fire was caused by electric fault.

“We are glad that no student was injured since they were in class but property has been lost, an electricity fault caused the fire although I believe the school administration will do further investigations,” he said

uon fire

UoN hostel on fire. COURTESY

Efforts by ventsiri to reachout to the school administration were in vain, however the administration called for a meeting with the student leaders later in the day to discuss on the way forward.

One of the students told Ventsiri that they were supposed to start exams next week.

“We do not know what will happen next but chances of the school being closed for some time are high, we were supposed to sit for our examinations from next week but we are still not sure if that will happen,” said Brian Chege, a second year student


  • You may also like